Perfect Change Serum
Perfect Change Serum
This powerful combination of retinol and TCA will bring about the change you are looking for in your complexion. Keep your skin looking youthful and radiant with the most comprehensive single anti-aging serum.
- Perfect Change Serum combines the anti-aging benefits of retinol with the skin resurfacing ability of TCA to give you visible signs of rejuvenated skin tone and texture within weeks of use
- There is no better and more studied anti-aging ingredient than retinol
- Perfect Change Serum contains TCA, a chemical peel ingredient rarely found in daily skincare products, that encourages resurfacing of the skin and is the preferred method for treating sun damaged and aging skin.
- Retinol prevents collagen breakdown and stimulates new collagen which softens fine lines, refines pores, and provides for a more youthful appearance overall.
- Use of Perfect Change Serum will lighten uneven skin tone and pigmentation that is brought about by sun damage, hormonal changes, or acne.
- Retinol is the only ingredient that addresses ALL the causes of acne. It stops excess sebum production, speeds up the growth of skin around pores to keep them clear, helps the skin adjust to hormonal fluctuations, and changes the skin’s responsiveness to stress.
Dr. Zoe’s Notes
My clients have called it ‘‘magic in a bottle’ and a ‘woman’s best friend’. Perfect Change Serum delivers. I don’t like to overpromise, but if you’re looking for ONE thing to change your skin, I feel confident in saying this is it.
Remember retinoid therapy can make your skin a bit more sensitive to sunlight, so be sure to use a daily SPF each morning.
The best way to effectively and successfully use Perfect Change Serum is to ease into it, allowing your skin to adjust and build tolerance to the retinol. This is typical of all retinol products.
In the PM, after thoroughly cleansing and drying skin, mix 2 pumps of Perfect Change Serum on your fingertips with an equal amount of a gentle moisturizer (VitaMoist is my favorite). Apply the mixture over your entire face. Use in this way, diluted every night, for 4 weeks (depending on your skin’s sensitivity). After this time, use 2 pumps of Perfect Change Serum, full strength, to cover your face. Allow at least 10 minutes for drying, and then follow with moisturizer if desired and eye cream (I recommend Eye Rx).
Perfect Change Serum may make your skin feel dry, and look a little pink and flaky. This is totally normal and part of the process of building tolerance. Many people will stop using the product when they see this, or use it only once or twice a week thinking they are doing the right thing by giving their skin ‘a break’. In most instances, this is NOT the right thing to do. Instead, you want to push through it! Irritation that flares up after adding a retinol to your skincare lineup is all part of the process. If your skin is not ‘seeing’ the retinol consistently, each time you apply it, will be like the first time, and you’ll never get through the introductory phase. We can’t change our bodies without exercise, and we can’t change our skin without retinol!
You can use Perfect Change Serum on your neck. However, the neck can be a sensitive area, and often takes longer to build tolerance. Consider mixing 1 pump Perfect Change Serum with 2 pumps of moisturizer and slowly increasing the strength over a longer period of time.
You may initially notice some skin purging with Perfect Change Serum. What does that mean? Since Perfect Change Serum is a skin cell turnover-accelerating product, it is helping skin cells within the pore turnover faster and detach more easily. This means you may see a sudden crop of pimples pop up that would’ve otherwise taken up to 8 weeks to appear. These microcomedones were in the skin before you started the Perfect Change Serum, they are not new blockages caused by the product. So what is the best way to clear your skin? Keep using Perfect Change Serum and in time your skin will be a whole lot clearer than it was before.
This product is not ok to use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Take a look at the Safe Mama Lineup for ways to keep your skin looking great while keeping your baby safe.
This product uses an airless pump technology that may require ‘priming’ when using the product for the first time (or anytime air is allowed into the bottle). Airless packaging helps to keep air and contaminates out of the product and allows for use with little to no waste. To ‘prime’ the dispenser, place the lid on the pump, turn it upside down, and tap it several times strongly in the palm of your hand. This should do the trick. If you are still not able to dispense any product after 15-20 pumps, use a paperclip in the small hole on the bottom of the product. Push the paperclip into the hole until you feel a ‘give’.
If you have any questions, email me for further advice on how to best use this product for your needs.
- Use on back of the hands to strengthen, brighten and soften the skin here.
- Use as part of the Rewind Lineup or the Get Clear Lineup.
- All-trans Retinol
- 1% micro- encapsulated concentration to support collagen with little to no irritation.
- Trichloroacetic Acid Improves the appearance of skin discoloration, pore size and uneven texture.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Shea Butter and Squalane Restores and improves skin’s moisture level.
Purified Water, Trichloroacetic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethyl MEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Palmitate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Squalane, Zinc Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA.