Perfect Change Serum
Perfect Change Serum
This powerful combination of retinol and TCA will bring about the change you are looking for in your complexion. Keep your skin looking youthful and radiant with the most comprehensive single anti-aging serum.
- Perfect Change Serum combines the anti-aging benefits of retinol with the skin resurfacing ability of TCA to give you visible signs of rejuvenated skin tone and texture within weeks of use
- There is no better and more studied anti-aging ingredient than retinol
- Perfect Change Serum contains TCA, a chemical peel ingredient rarely found in daily skincare products, that encourages resurfacing of the skin and is the preferred method for treating sun damaged and aging skin.
- Retinol prevents collagen breakdown and stimulates new collagen which softens fine lines, refines pores, and provides for a more youthful appearance overall.
- Use of Perfect Change Serum will lighten uneven skin tone and pigmentation that is brought about by sun damage, hormonal changes, or acne.
- Retinol is the only ingredient that addresses ALL the causes of acne. It stops excess sebum production, speeds up the growth of skin around pores to keep them clear, helps the skin adjust to hormonal fluctuations, and changes the skin’s responsiveness to stress.
Dr. Zoe’s Notes
My clients have called it ‘‘magic in a bottle" and a "woman’s best friend". I don’t like to over promise, but if you’re looking for ONE thing to change your skin, I feel confident in saying this is it.
The best way to effectively and successfully use Perfect Change Serum is to ease into it, allowing your skin to adjust and build tolerance to the retinol. This is typical of all retinol products. Please read my notes here in their entirety to ensure you will be using this product properly.
Why isn’t Perfect Change Serum just your average retinol?
Because it is a blend of 1% retinol and TCA. Here is exactly what these active ingredients do for your skin:
1% retinol encourages skin cells to turnover at a faster rate, making way for new skin. Retinol also prevents collagen breakdown, and thickens the deeper layer of the skin where wrinkles form.
TCA causes total skin rejuvenation by an exfoliative process of removing the outer layer of dead skin cells to reveal more smooth, firm, radiant and evenly toned skin.
What to expect:
It is completely normal for Perfect Change Serum to make your skin feel dry, flaky, and look red during the introductory phase. This is part of the process of building tolerance to a product that causes increased cell turnover, and can last 2-4 weeks. It does not mean that you are not tolerating the ingredients. Many people will stop using the product when they experience these things, or use it only once or twice a week thinking they are doing the right thing by giving their skin a break. However, in most instances, this is not the right thing to do. Here’s why. If your skin is not ‘seeing’ the retinol consistently, then each time you apply it will be like the first time, and you’ll never get through the flaky stage. Instead, you want to push through any sensitivity that feels MILD. As long as it feels mild it is part of the process. You should feel confident in knowing that the magic starts to happen soon after this phase. If it is more than mild, take a night off of P.C.S, moisturize, reassess, and then back to it as soon as you can.
Purging is another normal part of the introductory period of P. C.S. With increased cell turnover, oil and dead skin cells trapped within pores will be cleared out much quicker than it would have otherwise. Purging manifests as new blemishes that may last a week or so. The treatment for the breakout is the exact ingredients that are causing the breakout. So, stick with it.
How to use: In the evening, after thoroughly cleansing and drying your skin, mix 2 pumps of Perfect Change Serum on your fingertips with 2 pumps of Dew, VitaMoist, Enriched Nighttime Biotherapy. Apply the mixture evenly over your entire face (do not apply to the direct under eye area or eyelids). Use in this way, diluted, every night for 4 weeks (or more depending on your skin’s sensitivity). Once your skin has adjusted, you will increase the strength by using 2 pumps of Perfect Change Serum undiluted. After application, allow at least 10 minutes for drying, and then follow with moisturizer and eye cream.
A note about moisturizers. I highly recommend investing in one of the PFAM moisturizers to mix with Perfect Change Serum if you are purchasing it for the first time. Dew, VitaMoist, and Enriched Nighttime Biotherapy have all been tested and are known to mix well with P.C.S. They do not cause any additional irritation. Please see the moisturizers collection to decide which one is best for your skin type.
Remember, the active ingredients in P.C.S. are revealing fresh new skin that is more vulnerable to harmful UV rays. So, be sure to use a daily SPF each morning and wear a wide brim hat during prolonged sun exposure.
P. C. S. is ok to use on your neck. However, the neck can be a very sensitive area, and often takes much longer to build tolerance. Consider mixing 1 pump Perfect Change Serum with 2-3 pumps of moisturizer and slowly increasing the strength over a longer period of time.
This product is not ok to use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Take a look at the safe mama lineups for ways to keep your skin looking great while keeping your baby safe.
This product uses an airless pump technology that may require priming when using the product for the first time (or anytime air is allowed into the bottle). Airless packaging helps to keep air and contaminates out of the product and allows for use with little to no waste. However, sometimes they do malfunction. To prime the dispenser, place the lid on the pump, turn it upside down, and tap it several times strongly in the palm of your hand. Then attempt pressing the dispenser multiple times until product is revealed. This should do the trick. If you are still not able to dispense any product after 15-20 pumps, use a large paperclip in the hole on the bottom of the product. Push the paperclip into the hole until you feel a ‘give’. Again, attempt pressing the dispenser multiple times until product is revealed.
If you have any questions, email me for further advice on how to best use this product for your needs.
- Use on back of the hands to strengthen, brighten and soften the skin here.
- Use as part of the Rewind Lineup or the Get Clear Lineup.
- All-trans Retinol
- 1% micro- encapsulated concentration to support collagen with little to no irritation.
- Trichloroacetic Acid Improves the appearance of skin discoloration, pore size and uneven texture.
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Shea Butter and Squalane Restores and improves skin’s moisture level.
Purified Water, Trichloroacetic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethyl MEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Isopropyl Palmitate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Squalane, Zinc Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Disodium EDTA.